Original design introduced in 2015 – The RealitySoSubtle 6×6 is an ultra-wide angle flat plane pinhole camera with central and rise pinholes/shutters – uses 120 film.
- Very compact pocket design with rounded edges
- CNC machined body from High Impact Polystyrene (H.I.P)
- Central AND Rise pinhole – 15mm offset from center
- Flat film plane with pinhole to film distance (focal length) of 20.5mm.
- 56.2 x56.2mm square image area – 12 shots per roll on 120 film.
- Angle of view: 108 degrees horizontal, 108 degrees vertical.
- 2x Laser drilled 150 micron (0.15mm) pinholes (f/137). Pinhole material thickness = 50 microns (.002″).
- Magnetic shutters – magnetic ‘snap to’ both open and closed position
- Accurate CNC engraved aiming lines on top and both sides for accurate framing.
- Precise bubble level.
- 1/4-20 tripod mount
- Film winds in both directions (nice for double exposures)
- Brass winding shafts turning in precision bearings
- Top-loader with top panel fixed with captive screws
Using these laser drilled pinholes and with this ultra wide design this camera gives nice sharp results. Some images shot with the camera…(straight scans with epson V700 & no sharpening).
Check out this striking shot by Stephan Sostaric with the RSS 6×6 :
Here’s some stunning images shot by Corey Cannon – you can find more of his work on Instagram
You can see more examples in the flickr group.
The camera weighs 0.21kg.
Length x height x depth = 125 x 33 x 82mm. (Winding knobs protrude outside of this).
The camera is carefully packed in bubble wrap inside a cardboard box. User guide is supplied with the camera.
The price is €95 + shipping.
You can buy it here.